The Legal Services Department provides legal advice to each department of NIDCO in the performance of various business functions.
- Provide legal advice, analysis and problem solving methodology to specific business-related issues affecting the operations, business and obligations of the Company.
- Prepare, negotiate and review all contracts issued by the Company related to its infrastructural development programme, including projects, works and consultancies.
- Liaise with the Company’s external attorneys.
- Interpret relevant legislation for the conduct of the Company’s statutory functions.
- Monitor the effect of new legislation on operations and business related to the Company.
- Manage negotiations and settlement of any claims or litigation against the Company.
- Initiate legal action on behalf of the Company.
- Represent the Company in legal proceedings.
- Prepare opinions and specialized contracts.
- Ensure compliance with the Company’s Tender Rules and Procedures.